Information on exams
Registrations for exams and their cancellation
From 29 October to 12 November 2021, you can register for your exams via the online student portal.
Please note that an exam registration is necessary for almost all modules, also for the programming project (BIN 4th semester), software development project (BWI 4th semester) and also for all seminars, specialisations, FWPM and courses of the International Week. Registration is also necessary if examination has already started during the semester, for example in the case of the examination forms portfolio, term paper, practical examination or similar.
Only for the following modules the registration for the examination does not take place during the registration period:
- Soft and Professional Skills (without examination, only confirmation of participation required).
- Internship module (done with application to the internship)
- Project work (separate application to the examination boards)
- Bachelor thesis (separate application to the examination boards)
- Master thesis (separate application to the examination boards)
If you have questions, please contact the person responsible for your degree programme at the Department of Student Affairs (HSST).
In case you want to cancel your exam registration, you can do it as follows:
- Up until two weeks before the exam period, cancel your registration via the online student portal.
- Within two weeks before the exam period and up until two weeks before the date of the exam, please use the corresponding form. Please make sure to read the additional information!
Missed exam registration?
- Only those students who have registered for exams in due time and form are allowed to take the exams.
- If you missed the registration, you can apply for additional/subsequent exam registration at the Department of Student Affairs (HSST).
- For this, you have to give the reasons why you missed the registration.
- Please check at least at the respective exam date with the help of the lists hanging at the exam rooms whether you are correctly registered. If you are not properly registered, you may be denied participation in the exam.
Publication of grades
The publication of grades for exams in the winter semester takes place at the beginning of March; for exams in the summer semester it is at the end of August. Grades are published in the online student portal.
Access to exam papers
Access to exams written in the summer semester 2020/21 will be provided from 4 October 2021 to 15 October 2021.
Access is given to students in person or to a representative with written authorisation. Accessing your exam papers in the presence of your examiner can be granted at the earliest as soon as the normal course of lectures (face-to-face classroom teaching) has been resumed.
During the whole period, only IT-assisted access can be granted. For this, please contact the responsible examiner. As regards exams by sessional lecturers, please contact the responsible module manager.
Exams for general electives
- The exam period for general electives starts already on Wednesday, 19 January 2022.
- More information about exams for general electives are available in the respective course or from the Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences and Humanities.