Current special regulations due to COVID-19 pandemic
On this page, we provide information regarding current measures taken due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that changes may occur at short notice, which we will indicate accordingly.
Access to the building and opening times
- Buildings on the Campus Sanderheinrichsleitenweg remain closed.
- Update 10 Oct 2020: The barrier to the underground car park can now again be opened by students with their FHWS card.
- FHWS staff, however, can still open the doors with their FHWS Card.
- All students were revoked their locking authorisations for the external doors, study rooms, computer rooms and labs. Exceptions may be granted on request by the Faculty Management.
- Update 10 Oct 2020: The Dean’s Office is open from Monday to Thursday between 8:30 and 12:00, starting on 26 October 2020.
- The branch library on our Campus is open for two days per week, starting on 28 October 2020.
- To relieve the regular exam period in July 2021, an additional exam period has been established to begin on 05/27/2021 and end on 06/04/2021.
- If you are currently doing an internship and the supervising company restricts its operations due to the Corona Virus which may result into a risk for your internship, please contact the internship coordinator responsible.
- Update: 18 April 2021: There will be no field trips until 30 September 2021.
- Students currently abroad and affected by restricted teaching activities are asked to contact the international affairs officer as quickly as possible.
- Planning activities for a stay abroad in the summer semester 2021 may continue for the time being, but it is currently not foreseeable whether such stay abroad will actually be possible.
Bachelor's and Master's theses
- New research projects, bachelor’s and master’s theses may be started in consultation with the respective supervisors.
- New (11 Aug 2020) Successfull completion of the module Soft and Professional Skills is again the necessary condition to register your bachelor’s thesis. If you have any questions, please contact the examination committee responsible for your degree programme.
- Until further notice, there is no signature required when registering your bachelor’s or master’s thesis. The supervisors will explain the new registration process.
- If possible, the final presentation and submission of research projects, bachelor’s and master’s theses should be done either digitally or postponed to a later date.
- In order to keep the deadline, it is sufficient to submit an electronic version by e-mail to the supervisor for the time being. The printed version may be submitted by mail or at a later time as soon as the dean’s office is open again.
- You may apply for an extension of deadlines by stating delays as a consequence from the Corona pandemic, e.g. restricted operations in your supervising company or because experiments with test persons cannot be conducted properly.
- Work as a student assistant can start as usual. However, all work should be done from home, if possible.