Current special regulations due to COVID-19 pandemic
On this page, we provide information regarding current measures taken due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that changes may occur at short notice, which we will indicate accordingly.
Access to the building and opening times
- Buildings on the Campus Sanderheinrichsleitenweg remain closed.
- Update 10 Oct 2020: The barrier to the underground car park can now again be opened by students with their FHWS card.
- FHWS staff, however, can still open the doors with their FHWS Card.
- All students were revoked their locking authorisations for the external doors, study rooms, computer rooms and labs. Exceptions may be granted on request by the Faculty Management.
- Update 10 Oct 2020: The Dean’s Office is open from Monday to Thursday between 8:30 and 12:00, starting on 26 October 2020.
- The branch library on our Campus is open for two days per week, starting on 28 October 2020.
Access to exam papers, exam registration and exam period
- The (official) examination period starts on 23 January 2021 and ends on 13 February 2021.
- For students of the 3rd semester of bachelor’s programmes as well as the master’s programme, lectures start on 1 October 2020.
- For our 1st semester students of the bachelor’s programmes, lectures start on 2 November 2020.
- Please also note the information about this year’s Introduction for 1st semester students.
- Courses of the winter semester 2020/21 will again take place mainly digitally. However, there will be more exceptions, particularly for practical courses in small groups, than in the summer semester.
- Please enrol as soon as possible for the Moodle courses in order to receive lecturers’ information about the projected semester schedule. If your Moodle course is not yet available, please wait until the start of the semester on 1 October 2020. If an access key is necessary, please wait for the lecturers to communicate this key via e-mail.
- Research projects will be offered in the Moodle courses, among others.
- If this is not the case, please contact the lecturer responsible.
- If you are currently doing an internship and the supervising company restricts its operations due to the Corona Virus which may result into a risk for your internship, please contact the internship coordinator responsible.
- Update: 23 Sep 2020: There will be no field trips until 14 March 2021.
- Students currently abroad and affected by restricted teaching activities are asked to contact the international affairs officer as quickly as possible.
- Planning activities for a stay abroad in the summer semester 2021 may continue for the time being, but it is currently not foreseeable whether such stay abroad will actually be possible.
Bachelor's and Master's theses
- New research projects, bachelor’s and master’s theses may be started in consultation with the respective supervisors.
- New (11 Aug 2020) Successfull completion of the module Soft and Professional Skills is again the necessary condition to register your bachelor’s thesis. If you have any questions, please contact the examination committee responsible for your degree programme.
- Until further notice, there is no signature required when registering your bachelor’s or master’s thesis. The supervisors will explain the new registration process.
- If possible, the final presentation and submission of research projects, bachelor’s and master’s theses should be done either digitally or postponed to a later date.
- In order to keep the deadline, it is sufficient to submit an electronic version by e-mail to the supervisor for the time being. The printed version may be submitted by mail or at a later time as soon as the dean’s office is open again.
- You may apply for an extension of deadlines by stating delays as a consequence from the Corona pandemic, e.g. restricted operations in your supervising company or because experiments with test persons cannot be conducted properly.
- Work as a student assistant can start as usual. However, all work should be done from home, if possible.