Business software always supports business processes in companies.
There are three types of business software:
- ERP systems (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- E-business systems (supply chain management, customer relationship management etc.)
- Industry solutions(utilities, automotive, banking, etc.)
Application: practical courses, case studies and customizing
Practice-oriented teaching of problem solving and a high share of practice with market-leading systems is waiting for you during the specialisation module Business Software. Thus, there will by a high proportion of practical courses, case studies and customizing.
For this, there are state-of-the-art systems available:
- A system for a model company for business processes, development and workflow (SAP S/4HANA).
- Oracle system (e-business suite) for a model company for business processes.
- A system for evaluations/monitoring and key figures (SAP Analytics).
- A system for production planning (SAP SCM).
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Logistics/Financials.
- Customer Relationship Management System (Hybris Cloud for Customer).
SAP foundation certificate TS410
Students in this specialisation module are offered a special highlight: During the course “Specialisation 1: Processes”, you have the chance to acquire the SAP certificate TS410 (SAP Certified Application Associate Business Process Integration with S/4HANA), which the foundation certificate for all applications.
This certificate is worth about 8,000 euros. You will need it, if you seek admission to further SAP certificates in your later career. Through all those years we offered the certificate in this specialisation course we had a pass rate of 100%.
Specialisation 1: Processes
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Karl Liebstückel
Contents of Specialisation 1: Processes in Business Softwares follow the contents required for passing the SAP certificate course. It is about processes and functions that are in place in almost all companies.
- SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management.
- SAP Fiori UX SAP.
- Financial Accounting.
- Management Accounting.
- Human Capital Management.
- Purchase to Pay.
- Warehouse Management.
- Plan to Produce.
- Order to Cash.
- Project System.
- Enterprise Asset Management.
Specialisation 2: Tools
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Karl Liebstückel
In the course Specialisation 2: Tools of Business Softwares participants will become familiar with the techniques and technologies required to introduce and operate business software systems.
- Authorization concept: Authorization objects, authorisations; profile generator: Single roles, composite roles and profiles, user master records.
- Customizing: Customizing projects, customizing functions (document categories, number range, image control, field selection, status management, partner determination etc.).
- Listing tools: Quick Viewer, Querys.
- Tools for introduction: Legacy Migration Workbench, SAP Solution Manager.
- Evaluation/Monitoring tools: Logistics information system, SAP Lumira.
Suitable core electives (FWPM)
ABAP/4 Development Workbench (every semester)
Fundamentals of ABAP programming:
- Overview of the programming language ABAP
- Creating and testing an ABAP report
- Output statement • programme data - types and variables
- Multilingualism - text elements • reading database tables
- Control statements • programme data - field structures and internal tables
- Local modularisation - sub-programmes
- Modularisation across programmes - function modules
- Dialogue programmes from a developer’s perspective
- Creating a simple dialogue programme
- Graphic elements of a Dynpro
- Adopting definitions from a data dictionary
- Menu Painter
- Dynamic image sequences
- Field entry check/messages
- Dynamic image modifications
- Changing and locking data bases
SAP Financials (summer semester)
Students will gain insights into how business processes in the field of accounting can be modelled by using SAP. The students will get an overview about the most important tasks in controlling and accounting. They will get familiar with the operation of business processes. Students will expand their knowledge in practical exercises with an ERP system.
Supply Chain Management (winter semester)
- Fundamentals of supply chain management
- Fundamentals of SAP SCM
- SAP APO (Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Production Planning)