All about your application
You want to stay in Würzburg and be part of our programme?
Congratulations, you have already made the first step!
The next step will be to plan your stay. No matter whether you leave for a semester or an internship abroad or maybe you combine the two—the most important thing is to plan ahead in due time.
We have summed up the most important points of the application process below and would also like to give you some additional tips:
- Apply at your home university for your stay abroad with the FHWS Praxis International programme (contact Penny Collier). Your university needs to nominate you for the mobility.
- If you want to apply for the FHWS Praxis International grant, please send us your one-page letter of motivation, your tabular CV and an up-to-date transcript. For further information on the grant, see Funding.
- Choose the courses you want to attend at the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt and draw up your Learning Agreement in coordination with your home university. You will need the Learning Agreement to be able to receive credits at your home university for the courses you took abroad.
Find a company you would like to do your placement in.
a) You can look for a company of your choice or
b) You can apply to one of our business partners.
Contact the FHWS Praxis International Team.
For your application at the respective company you will need a cover letter and an up-to-date CV.
Tip: Both CVs and cover letters used in Germany are fundamentally different to those used in the UK. For example, a CV contains an application photo, however a short profile is rather unusual. A German cover letter is also written in a different format, e.g. the position of the address and the date are different.
When you have all your paperwork, you are asked to send it to the FHWS Praxis International Team. We will forward it to the business partner for you. The company will then invite you to an interview via Skype.
If you are interested in working with a company that is not one of our business partners, you are of course welcome to apply to them directly.
Please note: The decision to hire is entirely up to the company itself. We have no influence on their decision whatsoever.
As soon as you have received the confirmation that you are allowed to do your internship at the company, you will need to sign up for the Incoming Portal. When asked for the programme, select “FHWS Praxis International”. During the sign-up you will be asked to upload several documents:
- Academic Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Enrolment (from Home Institution)
- Letter of Motivation
The FHWS Praxis International Team and the International Career Service are happy to help!
After you have prepared your documents, you can make an appointment with the FHWS International Career Service, where you will receive feedback.
Here are more tips on how to apply successfully: Writing an application.